The following video was created to provide the details of Halstead's Industrial Park.
If you have additional questions please call Halstead City Hall at 316-835-2286.
Thank you to the Harvey County EDC for showcasing Industrial Park!
The Halstead Industrial Park shares a boundary with the City of Halstead, a community which is serious about improving the climate for economic development. The park was annexed into the city in the summer of 1997. A site plan is in place.
- 15 out of 70 total acres available
- Fire rating is Class 3
- Level terrain; not located in a floodway or flood plain
- Located on the west edge of town
- Electrical: Westar (Western Resources)
- Gas: City of Halstead
- Sewer: City of Halstead
- Water: City of Halstead
- Zoned I-2 for heavy industrial uses
- Easy access to Hwy 50 (2 miles), I-135 (11 miles), and K-96 (12 miles)
- 20 miles north of Wichita, 20 miles east of Hutchinson, 8 miles west of Newton
- 15 miles from Newton City/County Airport
- 24 miles from Hutchinson Regional Airport
- 30 miles from Wichita Eisenhower Airport
Available LotsLots are available to be purchased from the city. The city will negotiate terms with interested parties and will consider "in-kind" proposals where applicable. The price per acre is $5,000 with the exception of lot 3, block 2, which has rail access and is priced at $10,000 per acre. Call City Hall at 316-835-2286 for information on available lots and sizes.
Existing CompaniesAlready located at the site are the following:
- E&V Motors
- Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions
- Farmers Coop Anhydrous Station
- Forest Green Storage
- Mill Creek Truss
- Westar Substation
UtilitiesAll utilities are provided to the perimeter of the industrial park. The Westar substation, which is located at the site, guarantees ample electricity for most any industrial requirement. The city-operated natural gas utility provides service to the perimeter of the park and can be extended to any lot upon request. Water and sewer service is available to all lots.
Transportation AccessibilityOccupants of the industrial park may take advantage of excellent transportation accessibility.
- The park has a rail spur, and paved roads are adjacent to the east and south.
- The 13-mile stretch of the Halstead Road (formerly Harvey County Road 801), which is adjacent to the location on the east, was recently paved to its juncture with Kansas Highway 96, facilitating journeys to Wichita and Mid-Continent Airport.
- The interior access road in the park consists of a 37-foot wide paved curb and gutter road.