The following connection fees are nonrefundable:
- $100 for gas and water
- $50 for water only
- $50 if moving in-town residence to in-town residence
Basic Monthly Charges
- Gas - Dollar amount is per thousand cubic feet (price subject to change monthly)
- Refuse - $15.00; Senior Refuse - $12.50
- Additional Refuse Cart - $2.00
- Stormwater Utility - $2.00
- Wastewater - $33.06 for the first 5,000 gallons of water consumed and $.0017 per gallon thereafter, plus an additional $.0034 per gallon over 50,000 gallons
- Water - $23.00 for the first 1,500 gallons or less and $.019 per gallon for all over that amount
There may be notice of hydrant flushing given in the local newspaper, City Hall Newsline, utility billing, Facebook, the Community board, or Channel 7. During that time, the water will be rusty and not recommended for laundry purposes. Flush pipes by running cold water till water runs clear.
A newsletter (City Hall Newsline) will be printed monthly and mailed to each utility customer. Any customers that sign up for E-Bills can view the newsletter on our website. Issues are also available on our Newsline page.
Forms are available in this office. You need to re-register each time you move or change your name.
Details on the following programs are available from the City Clerk's Office:
- Neighborhood Revitalization Program (tax rebate available for eligible home/business owners)
- Utility Auto Debit Plan
- Utility Level-Pay Plan (May is sign-up month)
Area Services Available
- Cable/Telephone/Internet Service Options
- Cox Cable (1-888-495-0220) https://www.cox.com/residential/home/html
- Channel 7 is the City Information Channel
- AT&T Telephone (1-800-464-7928)
- Electric Service: Westar Energy (800-383-1183)
Consumer Confidence Report
If you have any questions, please call City Hall at 316-835-2286, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (except for holidays).