What started out as a sand green course in 1935 was transformed into the beautiful course that can be enjoyed today. In January of 1984
Mr. Robert Koehn won $50.00 in a contest to name the new course and it became Wedgewood Public Golf Course.
April 2, 1984 - A construction and engineering contract was signed.
May 2, 1984 - Transfer of land was completed and construction began.
May 8, 1984 - The Halstead Golf Club, Inc. presented the deed to the City of Halstead.
July 10, 1984 - The well was drilled and the process began to fill the lake.
September 11, 1984 - A new irrigation system was nearly done and the fencing was completed.
October 9, 1984 - Seeding was completed on the greens.
On May 25, 1985 Wedgewood Public Golf Course had its grand opening! It quickly gained popularity and for the first men's league on June 6th they hosted 42 men!