The City of Halstead is accepting applications for City Clerk, a full time salaried position which performs administrative, financial, and some supervisory duties. The City Clerk maintains control of and is responsible for all records pertaining to the City of Halstead. Other essential functions include general ledger accounting, payroll processing, human resources, attending City Council and Planning Commission meetings and preparation of minutes, serving as public information officer, assisting with budget preparation, and support of the City Administrator and Governing Body. Frequent decision making and problem solving are involved in this position, as well as a substantial amount of public contact.
Position requirements and standards for initial consideration include the following:
• Education consisting of a college degree in finance, accounting, public administration, human resources or a related field. Prior years’ experience in related work or fields may be considered as a satisfactory substitute for educational requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with computers including various software programs
• Previous supervisory experience of at least 3 years.
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical testing
• Must be a resident within the corporate city limits of Halstead or willing to relocate within 6 months of accepting the position
Submit cover letter, resume, and references by April 28, 2017, to:
Halstead City Hall
Attn: City Administrator
303 Main Street
Halstead, KS 67056
or apply online via www.hrepartners.com.
Position is open until filled. Beginning salary will depend on qualifications. The City of Halstead is an EOE.